Digital TV Tuner Device
Are you tired of waiting for a program to load? Have you ever seen your PC slow down recently because you were seeing an unused app in Task Manager? You must have already checked your internet connection and computer storage thinking that it might have led to the slowing down of the computer.
Well, you are not alone. Many people report that the ehprivjob.exe app consumes a lot of PC resources and slows down your computer. This app is in the process of applying for digital TV tuner device registration. Want to know how to solve a problem? Let’s check and find the solution for the same before the problem becomes irreparable.
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is part of Windows Media Center, which runs scheduled tasks regularly to scan devices connected to your PC and make a TV tuner. It allows you to watch premium digital cable channels from your cable provider on your computer.
We found that the app is always running in the background and is constantly scanning my PC for a connected TV tuner. The only problem with this type of app is that it consumes a lot of CPU resources and ultimately slows down the system. We recommend that you remove the application so that it does not run again in the background.
You can also check if the Steam content server is unreachable. This may be due to WiFi. This is because you can configure your router to be called Safeweb. This setting is intended to save your PC by filtering websites and data that are considered untrusted.
How do I remove the Digital TV Tuner app?
Method 1: Through program and features
- Launch run the app by pressing the Windows key + R
- You need to type in “appwiz.cpl”.
- Then you need to select the Enter
- You need to select the Turn Windows features on or off.
- Expand the media feature drop-down menu
- Remove the checkpoint next to Windows Media Player and Media Features.
- Click Yes to confirm the action.
- Following the instructions, you need to choose ‘OK’ for the changes to be saved.
Method 2: Uninstall through the registry editor
Deleting files from the registry editor ensures that the program has been completely removed and cannot be started again.
- Open the start menu and type “Regedit.”
- You are required to choose the option of ‘run as an administrator.
- You need to look for the folder containing the application and then delete it.
- After that, navigate to this address and delete any entries (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\eg ui)
- When you’re done, restart your PC.
The above solution will help you solve the problem. If that doesn’t work, roll back to an earlier version of Windows or wait for Microsoft to release an update.
The Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application has been adopted by several third-party antivirus suites in the past as a program to slow down the system. Avast, McAfee, and Nord 32 are all security packages that have been shown to notify you that your digital TV tuner device is slowing down your computer.
This issue has been reported to occur on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10, so it is not specific to any particular version of Windows. Thus, you need to delete it. Otherwise, the damage may reach beyond repair. It may cost you a fortune to get it repaired.
Hence, the sooner the better it is to take the action. It would be best if you also recommended your friends not to install such apps which can harm the life of the computer for a very long time or maybe even permanently.